FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:58 pm
hilmar

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
What a bunch of morons

So, figured I'd jump on this deal, applied and was approved online. Not my first miles cc, and won't be my last, and I've never had issues getting approved for the "higher" level cc's (visa signature etc).

Then, I get an email talking about 1 $149 companion ticket, no mention of world premium etc. OK, time to call them and ask what's going on (yes, I know they approved me for the cheaper plat card, but doing so and not telling me at all? Not good enough).

First customer service, some waiting (and this is the number on the online CC portal BTW). They tell me to talk to application services. OK, more waiting. They tell me I have to talk to customer service (!). OK, I'll still being polite, so I call them again (they couldnt even transfer me back).
Customer service tells me I need to talk to application service, I politely tell them I already did that. She gets a super, and now the message is that I have to call the bank, they couldnt help me at all. And it was obvious that she didnt care at ALL - none of them did.

At that point, I politely asked her to cancel the card. That's an hour of my life and a credit check I'll never see again. Yeah, I know, I probably lost some miles on it, but I wasnt going to actually have any type business relationship with a company like this.

So, as always YMMV, that was my experience.

Cheers