FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:03 am
GamecockFan

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by gtg843p
I was also approved for the Platinum card. My credit is pretty good, so I was a bit surprised. A call this morning ended with an apologetic statement that there was absolutely no way to get it changed. Anyone ever have an experience to the contrary? Have other banks ever allowed an upgrade to a card once the low-level card had been approved?

At this point, I'll probably just wait until I get the card, then call in to see if I can get some of the points difference added to my account. Certainly not a good start to this banking relationship...
I was able to get Bank of America to upgrade me from the Platinum card to Visa Signature. I called and told them this is not card I wanted and not the card I applied for. The lady said you only need $1,000 more credit limit before you can get the signature, let me process that request. She gave it to me and then upgraded my card. Not sure if that's how Barclays will work or not. But it can certainly be done at other banks.