FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Feb 12, 2011, 8:31 am
N_Phoenix

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
One person’s data point. I had Juniper/Barclays US Airways cards from Apr 2006 to Dec 2006 (email offer, no fee for 1 year, 15,000 first use bonus) and again from Nov 2009 to Aug 2010 (applied at airport, 1 mile for $2 spent, no fee, 5,000 first use bonus). Each time I made 1 or 2 charges then cancelled.

Today, after applying on line (using the link here, I was not targeted), I was instantly approved and the approval page even indicated my credit line (first time I’ve seen that). I called immediately, mainly to lower the credit line and to choose a statement closing date. The voice prompts asked which account I was calling about; "press 1 for account ending in 1234, press 2 for account ending in 5678". First call I didn’t know which account was which and I (randomly) chose the closed account which the system informed me of. I called back, chose the new account and finally got through to a rep who confirmed no fee for a year and all the introductory bonuses. I asked her about prior accounts and she told me about the 2 past accounts, including exact dates of opening/closing.

My plan is to keep it for a year, charge something 2 or 3 times to keep my US Air account active, then see if I can scam the 10,000 anniversary miles without paying the fee and then cancel.

So, based on my N of 1, the answer to your question is “no”. I hope this helps.
Were all these different types of cards since the bonus offers were different? For example, these weren't all the "Premier World Mastercard" and that is why you received all the bonuses? Thanks for posting this I'm just trying to figure out possible churning.