FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]
Old Jun 25, 2002, 11:12 pm
venk

Bad experience at Sheraton Heathrow

Flew into LHR last night at 11PM after a long day and checked-in at Sheraton Heathrow (not Sheraton Skyline at Heathrow which is a different hotel also on Bath road). I have stayed at this hotel several times before with no problem. Moldy bathrooms but OK for one-night stays while in transit and often cheap. Last night was something else.

Get a room on the club floor, half asleep I open the door and walk into the room occupied by a German businessman. Now he is even more pissed off at the hotel. Apparently when he checked in, his key wouldn't open the door and the manager had to let him in using a master key. Manager promised to send him a bottle of wine and the poor guy had been waiting for it for the last 45 minutes and then I walk into his room. He never got his wine.

I get a new room. Go up and try my key and it doesn't open. Go back down again and get a third room. Just as I leave the counter, I hear yet another gentleman come up to the counter and say "there is someone in my room"

Finally I get into my room and lock the doors. And then the phone doesn't work. I am desperate to download my e-mail and answer things before going to bed. After half-an hour, it turns out the line near the desk is screwed up and I use the line near the bed.

Then I discover I had forgotten my toiletries and call to see if they have a toothbrush/toothpaste. Front desk says it should be in all the club rooms. I know it never is in that hotel. I tell him so. And then he says he will have it up in 10 minutes. 10 minutes turn to 20. After a couple of calls I give up and go to sleep. In the morning, I go buy it from the sundries shop in the Hotel that is now open.

I am not making this up.

The 50k promo at Hilton and this type of experience has made SPG lose a lot of my business over the next few months.