FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proposal: Allow Talkboard members to moderate the Talkboard Topics forum
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:33 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
When we were drafting the TB guidelines my notion was the the TB president should moderate both the private TB forum as well as this forum.

I was told in no uncertain terms by the moderator members of the TB at that time that no TB document could take a 'non-moderator' and make him or her a moderator. That only Randy and/or other moderators could choose moderators. Because to make someone a moderator of ANYthing just because he or she was TB president was a violation of everything the moderator corps stands for and holds dear. My goodness, such an interloper might read the private moderator forum, might fail the various morality, training and other super-secret criteria established for moderators and might be-soil and besmirch the good name that is MODERATOR.

Thus the unwieldy process for moderation of the private TB forum should a non-moderator be elected TB President as well as the 'outside' moderation of this forum.