FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FLIGHT#26: Delhi Green Lounge & JL 740 Business Class with photos
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:52 am
palermo

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Thanks - Fantastic report.
It is interesting that you had such a good experience in the Hilton Delhi.
While the building is new and the rooms are nice in a business 4* hotel kind of way, I thought the location was terrible and the staff while talkative and superficially nice is quite weak (to put it nicely) at dealing with problems. FX rates are a rip-off. Public areas are Ok.
I gave it a try but I would say it is way behind other hotels in the city (Taj Mahal and Palace, ITC, Oberoy or the public areas of Le Meridian bar the rooms).
I agree about the carpet in the Green Lounge. There was no hot food when I was there (noon) for the BA early afternoon flight - just snacks.
It really annoyed me that they did not have wireless internet - not sure if this was a one off (the desktops were not working either). When I asked the lady in charge of the access to the lounge, she replied that I could use the complimentary wireless of the airport. I informed to her that this is not possible as I had already use it once (they asked you for your mobile number where the password is then sent ) and after that you need to get a paid-plan. Followed by her: Sir, I am afraid there is nothing we can do.

I love India too. It does not matter how challenging it can get sometimes, it is a fantastic place.

How was the general reaction when they realised you were a gay couple. Being gay is such an alien concept to a lot of people over there....