FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2011, 9:20 am
lodestar1

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
MVP at Homewood

I enrolled in the MVP program a few months ago and have 8-9 stays and about 20 nights on it thus far. Like others have said before, the only hotel that posts any requirements at booking is Homewood. I just booked a couple of rooms for travel later this month in NC and got the "press creds...." fine print, so I called them. I was transferred to the director of sales and flat told him that I've been enrolled in this program for a few months, wanted to use the rate that is promised, but have no press credentials nor press affiliation. He told me he didn't know what I was talking about, said the rate is fine for BOTH rooms I booked, and he looks forward to having us as his guest.

Like others have said before, I don't think the hotel front line, nor even the sales director in this case, has any clue how many corporate codes there are nor what they're used for. This guy's just glad we're coming!

Side note: many thanks to this forum. you guys have singlehandedly saved me hundreds of dollars between the MVP and Hertz gold promo codes. I figured I better enroll and give back a little too!

safe travels (especially today!),

d