FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Run 2: Blame Canada! It's Only A Mileage Run anyway! (To YVR with AC, CO, BD..)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:38 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Originally Posted by CelticIAH
Great report! You're makeshift IFE hanging from the seat is hilarious.
When you've got dead or paid for IFE system, it turns from a hilarious joke to pure entertainment - especially from people infront/behind you who can't get their IFE to work at all

Originally Posted by CelticIAH
Smart man taking 44a on the 777, such a great seat - I've never had the whole row though, very lucky. I'm doing IAH-LHR in a few weeks and 44a was taken...gonna have to settle for the extra legroom of 32a. ^
I've got to admit, I thought I was very lucky. I had 41K held in the first instance, but that turning into a full block of 3. Looking at SeatGuru I saw space was opening up, but didn't see how much till I got to the kiosk at IAH.

Once I found the open pair at the back, it was a case of assign the A seat and hope no one would be foolish enough to assign the B seat. With the poor load they had in the last 5 rows, it was a case of people having Y class flatbeds.

Personally, I've always preferred the 2's - it's easier to climb over one person than two

Hope you get a better crew than I did - although you'll probably make it nice and early into LHR (booked arrival time 6:50 - we were at the gate a 6:10). Just avoid the HEC if you're heading into town