FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - mlife (mgm) questions
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:06 pm
kman008

Originally Posted by steve1998
I also just got back from Aria. I am a platinum tier player. As a special invite for mlife, they gave me $23 in ExpressComps...wahoo!, 1/6 of 1 bet.

I was just there for 2 nights, both comp'd with $200 in freeplay and 2 buffets. I played 7hrs, 36 minutes 6 deck BJ at $136/bet (verified by players club). My BJ play is by the book with regard to strategy and betting. I also played various slots and accumulated 1900 old style points.

This play was awarded $117 in Express Comps. I also had no resort fees, but I am not sure if they were comp'd prior or under some secret Express Comp system. So, hopefully this helps those who want to calculate their comps.

I go to Vegas about every month, my play is usually 4-6hrs BJ per day for 3 days at $100-$200. Usually I never ask for additional comps as I am a burger and beer guy and would rather not have the "put it on your room and we shall see" hanging over me. I like the Express Comps. Even though it is obvious they are paying less, I see them accumulate, can spend them how I like, and they accumulate over time.
Steve,

Did you book your offer through a host or mlife.com?

I am rather disappointed with what I see at mlife.com. It was my first trip that I played heavy (in my opinion) at an MGM property (Aria). I stayed across the strip from Aria at PH since I get comp rooms automatically from TR. As from my previous post, I played about 9.5 hours for 3 days at about $350 per hand in baccarat (verified by a host). The host says she can comp me free rooms/limo etc but when I log into mlife.com, I see rooms available but are at a rate. Even rooms at lower end props charge me. I was hoping I can book free rooms, offers, etc like what I do sometimes with TR but even with my Gold status at MGM, I don't get free rooms automatically? I don't get it. Hopefully it will just take them time to update my account?

If I have to go through a host every time, I will probably just stick with my Diamond status at Caesars.