FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Security experiences on round the world trip
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:15 pm
kire

My Security experiences on round the world trip

So I've just got back from a 19 flight RTW trip and I feel like a winner.

SYD-LAX-SFO-SEA-SFO-LAX-PHX-DEN-DAY-ORD-LAX-MUN-HAM-FRA-EDI-LHR-FRA-TYO-HKG-SYD

In all of this, I had no patdowns, and I only went through the WTMD machines at every airport. There was only one minor issue on my last transit through LAX. I performed the same routine that I did on every other flight, laptop in the bin, shoes in the bin, in flight bag on the belt, and then a small bagthat carried the laptop only and is now empty, jacket, belt in a last bin. I'm standing waiting for my stuff to get sucked in before I go through the WTMD and the TSA person comes up and starts rearranging all my stuff. I tell her to stop and that if she wants to touch my stuff she needs to ask. Her response was "I'm in charge here". After a short discussion she caved and left my stuff as it was.

Now for a good security experience. Let me tell you, the TSA should send people over to Japan to see how they handle security. The security personnel are very polite, and they have enough scanners running so that there was no queue. I sat watching the checkpoint for a couple of hours because I had a long layover and as soon as there were more than a couple of people waiting they opened up another scanner.