FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]
Old Sep 4, 2002, 4:25 am
Bostom

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
dunno about you - we drank all the port!

I found the Lisboa property very nice when we there for a week last year on an award stay - upgraded to a top floor club room that had just been redecorated in a sorta weird "Portugese modern" theme. Somebody'd sold em some Pergo-type flooring (looks like wood but isn't) and put a scatter rug next to the beds. Easier to mop, maybe? But cold and squeaky underfoot and the rug was a "slip and fall" type of thing that the lawyers would have vetoed in the states. The bathroom was pretty elaborate as I recall - the usual Euro acre of beige marble, etc.

But the lounge for breakfast and the neccesary pre-dinner snack (nobody eats 'til 10 so Americans need something to keep 'em going) was great - lots of champers and smoked salmon, as I recall. Great service in the room and we thought the location was fine: subway right outside, 10 minutes walk to the top of the Libertador (not exactly the Champs Elysee but the local analog) and maybe 10 more minutes to downtown walking.

The west side park views were fine but so is the east as it faces downtown and the harbor - nothing to insist on. Great health club and steamroom; small outdoor pool good as well.

We really enjoyed both the hotel and Lisbon - terrific little city that isn't appreciated as much as it might be but that's to your benefit as it isn't as overrun as some more popular European capitals.

We particularly enjoyed the Alcantara Cafe: a bit of NYC Soho near the docks in what is Lisbon's clubland district. Great food, cheap prices (dinner for two w/drinks and wine for about $75) and stunning decor. Be sure to check out the mensroom - amazing. Best to be sober the first time you do.