FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Feast of First Class Flying on British Airways, Qantas and Emirates
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:41 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
DUBAI

A long walk to transit security. Almost everyone arriving at this early hour was transferring with very few continuing on to immigration. Back in the now familiar lounge I had a shower early to beat the rush, then caught up on some work in the business centre. The connection was particularly slow so I gave up and headed for the 100 gates where my onward flight would depart from.

The airport was heaving with people, and in places it was difficult to walk through the shoppers to make headway towards the gates. The first class lounge in the 100s area was closed but the opposite business class lounge was open. This is much more basic than the first class lounge (duh) but still well appointed. The major drawback was being so crowded it was difficult to get a seat and the lounge was quite dirty (staff simply couldn't keep up with the messes being created). The open air nature of the smoking area upstairs meant the whole lounge was smokey. The computers in the business centre were slightly faster, but not by much so after a bit I gave up here too and meandered to the departure gate.