FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Brussels Airport BRU, Belgium [Master Thread]
Old Jul 11, 2002, 10:43 pm
christep
Suspended

Programs: None any more
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DFW DL:
Don't recall if there was a Club floor.

The airport has a train station on the lower level, and trains run to the city center about every 30 minutes. Once there, you can take the Metro anywhere. Bruxelles-Midi (Brussel-Zuid) is the nicest station to transfer at, IMO. You can also take a taxi, which will be quicker but cost more.
</font>
I don't recall there being a Club FLoor - I've stayed there a couple of times as a Platinum. I got a nice big room with a decent sized bed, but not a suite.

The train is the best idea into Brussels - I think it's every 15 mins, at least during the day. There is also a very easy to use Subway (Metro) system which is the best way to get around the city if it goes where you want to go. There are many maps online (e.g. at http://www.khlaw.com/brmetro.htm ). You can connect from the train from the airport at Gare Centrale or Gare du Midi depending on which subway line you want to join. Gare Centrale is also within walking distance of the Grande Place and the restuarants and nightlife around there.

Be warned that taxis in Belgium are the most expensive that I know of anywhere in the world - it is possible to spend US$60-70 on a 25 minute journey. They do almost all take credit cards though.