FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Calculator that Includes Base Miles
Old Jan 15, 2011, 1:52 pm
joemango

Smile Mileage Calculator that Includes Base Miles

Hi everyone, I am a programmer by trade and a computer geek by choice. I have look at various mileage calculators and find each one offers different features but none have all the features I would like. I am thinking of creating my own mileage calculator for the iPad.

It seems the base miles (acutal distance between two airports) has to be manually entered or in some cases it is calculated using a map software like google maps. I think a very effective calculator should know the base miles AA assigns to the distance between any two airports in their flights. I see these miles listed when searching for a ticket but do not see them documented somewhere else.

If anyone here knows if AA keeps a list of base miles between any two airports they service post the link, if this does not exist I think the members of this forum can make a community effort and post the actual AA miles between airports that they know of, this way I can build a calculator that is accurate to AA and does not require entering base miles to get a result.

comments ???