FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX (Cathay) Award availability
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:41 am
pdxasflyer

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by macfadsj
Although you can use KVS or ba.com to determine award availability, the simplest and best tool is to establish a free account at asiamiles.com (CX FF program) and check availability there. In my experience the availability shown on asiamiles is 100% identical to the inventory made available to Alaska Airlines frequent flyers. Once you establish an account there, to demonstrate how the F seats are loaded in for the next week, check availability for tomorrow(be sure to check the "flexible travel date" bubble) and in most cases you will see there is plenty of space in F over the next week. Then check availability for a date two weeks from now. Do this a few times over the next week and you will see the pattern whereby CX sometimes loads in this F inventory a day at a time and sometimes loads in a whole week of seats at one time.
Without becoming a member of Asia Miles, I was able to click on 'Redemption Availability' that only shows a relative graphic with green (good chance), yellow (medium chance) and red (poor chance). Once a member, do I get more specific info (i.e. actual numbers of inventory), and if so, how exactly do I go about doing that as I a) will have a zero balance in Asia Miles and b) didn't see the links in the Asia Miles site to find them?