FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BCN/Barcelona or CDG/Paris - which would be turnaround point (origin: North America)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:42 am
timriley12

Programs: AC*SE
Oh wow, I didn't realize I could have both stopovers on the same side of the point of turnaround! That's where my confusion was - I thought that i was limited to one stopover on the way to the POT, and one stopover on the way back from the POT. So I understand you now - it really doesn't matter I guess which one is the POT - thanks for enlightening me!

Originally Posted by thebobmc
What I was attempting to say ( any perhaps didn't do a very good job of it ) is that it doesn't matter which city is the point of turnaround, or what order you need to visit them in, it can still be done with one award.

For instance, if BCN is the point of turnaround and you need to be in CDG first, your trip looks something like this; SAN - CDG (stopover) - BCN (destination) - YYZ (stopover) - SAN.

If CDG is the point of turnaround and you need to be in CDG first then it looks like this; SAN - CDG (destination) - BCN (stopover) - YYZ (stopover) - SAN.

Etc., etc., etc. Both stopovers can be on the same side of the destination (aka point of turnaround).

So the real questions are; award availability, and what flights get you the best seats.