FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt Frankfurt - Question RE web vs phone availability
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:13 pm
TXHolmes

Programs: CO - Platinum(now UA1K), Honors - Diamond, Starwood - Platinum, Hertz - Pres circle, National Exec
Sixt Frankfurt - Question RE web vs phone availability

First time renting from Sixt, I am Hertz President Circle but want to drive a luxury type vehicle out of germany into Italy, a Hertz no no, so I am trying out Sixt, which seems to offer great options, and lots of good stories on FT.

I am renting from FRA for 5 days end of Feb, checked availability and rates online, but wanted to use my Hilton Diamond promo code to (maybe) score an upgrade when I pick up the car and (hopefully) get the "up to 20%" discount. The web showed BMW 5 series automatic available, so I wrote down the web quotes for 5 series auto and 5 series manual, since you cannot use a promo code online I called in, the rate was almost identical to the rate quoted on the web (so much for the Hilton Diamond discount, lets just hope for an upgrade I guess). However, I was told on the phone that no automatics were available, in any class at all, has anyone else encountered this kind of discrepancy?

If I have to drive a manual I guess I will...

One additional question, anyone had success with the Hilton Diamond upgrade in FRA?