FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Need Suggestions for a Road Trip Out of SLC
Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:37 pm
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I Need Suggestions for a Road Trip Out of SLC

Here is the plan. I will fly into SLC with Mrs. INK and we will stay a bit up at the Park City WA. It is then our plan to drive for a few days and see the sights in the northern Rocky Mountains. The trip will be in July, we want to try to find cool mountain weather, and I would like to play a little golf but, I am not married to that idea. We will be using National free days, so a drop off at another airport does not matter. It will need to be a WN airport as that is my free air (Denver, Boise, Spokane, Portland, Seattle, Reno or even back to SLC all qualify.) By the way, if there is a way to search Hilton properties over a large area and not the 50 mile limit of the reservations page that would make it a lot easier for me to do it myself.

I have tried searching specific cities for Hilton properties, but nothing like the the resort at Park City pops up. We can head east towards Denver. We can head north towards Boise. Or, we can go west towards Spokane. We do not care, we just want to stay in nice places and see new areas. Neither of us has been to this area except for very brief business stays in SLC an Seattle.

I have have 5 free night certs and 500K+ points to spend, so do not worry about keeping the point spend low.

Thanks! And I am looking forward to your suggestions!