FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would You Fly On a Plane With NO Security?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:32 am
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BearX220
And I'm not going to sit next to a stranger packing a sidearm. My disgust with TSA (and the American people for tolerating it) is well-known, but I wouldn't touch Liberty Air. I want reasonable, respectful, COMPETENT security, which we don't have now -- not no security at all.

This is like asking which of two motor vehicles you'd prefer to own: one with a breathalyzer interlock, 50-mph speed governor, no distracting radio, and all cell / navigation features disabled... or one with no seatbelts, airbags, bumpers, brake lights, or anti-skid, and a glass gas tank mounted on the roof. The rational choice is somewhere in between.
Then do not come to Kentucky (or any of several other states). You may indeed end up sitting next to me in any number of public venues and you will almost certainly be sitting next to someone with a concealed firearm. You will never know it except in the very rare instance in which you will find yourself pleased that you were.

And, yes, I would fly Liberty.