FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The DO highlights of the past year.
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:44 am
tuapekastar

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
I think I went to four FT DOs this year, and enjoyed them all, so in chronological order:

1. QF board AGM at the BNE Qantas Club - an annual event I've attended for some years, preceded by a lunch at the Breakfast Creek Hotel (a steak place). Always good to catch up and shoot the breeze with other FTers here.

2. Ozfest in Adelaide - only the second (of ~7 that have been held) that I've been to, and thoroughly enjoyable with good wining and dining, and a visit to the Barossa Valley wine region.

3. Island Do IV (or was it V ) in the Shetland Islands. The furthest away do from home I've attended, and a great time was had. Big on nature and history, as well as food and drink.

4. NZ (not *A ) Mega-Do in NZ (both Auckland and Christchurch) - included very interesting visits to Air New Zealand's engineering bases in both AKL and CHC, as well as a visit to a RNZAF base near AKL. Oh, and food and drink was plentiful as well.

Thanks to all the organisers of these events, they are most welcome dates on the FT calendar.