FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Apr 2, 2002, 3:26 pm
fljbrs

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Skymiles Gold, Staralliance Gold
Hi all. Just back from Vienna and Hotel Imperial. Great city, and great hotel with excellent service!

The only "problem" was we had to request the upgrade (as Gold) to get it. Upon arrival, we were accompanied to our room by the lady at the reception desk. We found there a welcome letter and a nice basket of fruit. The room (a "deluxe" one) seemed to me rather small and not so much "deluxe", so I went back downstairs and, in the most polite form, asked if we had been upgraded in any way. The lady, without saying anything, just looked at the computer, and in a few seconds took a key and got me to another room to see if I liked this one. This was a very nice room and told her how pleased I was with this one. She said that it was an "Imperial Junior Suite", and that the reason we hadn't been upgraded was that they only did it depending on availability upon arrival (it doesn't actually explain why they didn't it automatically , but anyway they did it and quite fast when required). Our luggage was moved in a couple of minutes (and also the fruit basket). The room was provided with bathrobes and slippers, an umbrella and a Radio-Cd-equipment with even some Cds (all classical music).
Each night we found in the room some chocolates and two bottles of mineral water. On Saturday, we also found a charming plate full of easter eggs (both boiled painted eggs and chocolate eggs).
Every day we had the required wake-up call made by the concierge in our own language. The concierge also arranged all our reservations for dinners (one of them at the Korso Restaurant - Hotel Bristol...very good restaurant with one Michelin star) and tickets.
Room service was also fast and excellent (in fact, service was outstanding in every sense).
Of course, we went to a good concert, to the Opera ("Parsifal"), to the Spanish Riding School..and we tasted the Imperial Torte (and have brought several for friends, etc).

So....wonderful hotel in an unbeatable location. We'll go back to Vienna as soon as we can, and I'm sure the Imperial will be our first option there.