FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This week in TSA history starting 1/1/2011
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:47 pm
ScatterX

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Already four artfully concealed items? How about some proof? For all we know (and I wouldn't be surprised ) they are pulling these numbers out a place that the sun wont reach.
Does this data mean anything? What is an artfully concealed item? What is the item anyway? What were these people arrested for and does it have anything to do with a real threat or terrorism?

TSA needs to publish meaningful data and stop the propaganda marketing machine. For example, it would be useful to know:

1) The number of people caught deliberately concealing a WEAPON and the number of those offenders that were arrested.

2) The number of people currently being PROSECUTED for being a real threat to aviation.

3) Number of people convicted on terrorism-related charges.

While I know all of these numbers are ZERO, it would be interesting to see what the numbers the TSA keeps spewing actually include. I'm sure it's mainly water bottles. {need trembling in fear smiley here, but the will have to do}.

If TSA is catching any real threats, they should be prosecuting them. The fact that there are no prosecutions should tell us all something.