FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Highway robbery at Sixt Germany
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2010, 5:47 am
miles4all

Programs: EY Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Thumbs down Highway robbery at Sixt Germany

It seems that at Sixt in Germany the customer is not No. 1 and that they do not try any harder either!

Arrived at Sixt in Aachen on 23rd Dec. to pick up a car to a few unhappy surprises. Although Germany has never been famous for customer service, hear this:

After I presented my papers they acknowledged that they had the car, they however immediatley added: ''I pressume you will be taking winter tires?" as if the car wasnt fitted with those. That was going to cost me EUR 100 (USD 140!) extra. For tires that were already fixed on the car for months of course!

To prevent people from refusing to pay, they have 1 car available fitted without the tires. 'Sneaky' seems to be Sixt' corporate motto.

Consequently there was nobody to show us to the car (find it youself...), we had to dig it out of the snow ourselves and that was about 25 cm of snow.

With nobody there to explain how the car worked, the fact that the wiper fluid reservoir was empty was not helpful, also given the winter conditions.

Eventually we got out of there and will bring the car back, never to return as a customer to this organisation.

PS:
I will of course also write to Sixt Germany, but we already know where that leads us......