FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Points brought back from the dead ?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:59 pm
runCMD

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Amex Delta Reserve + Platinum MR. Y, I book.
you can't always get what you want ...

I got my answer - thought I'd share for the next schmuck that wonders.

Thank you for your email Donny,

I checked your records, and confirmed that you had 38317 points expired on December 31st. 2009. This is in accordance with the rules that state, Choice Privileges points expire on December 31st of the year that occurs two years after the points are initially earned. That gives you at least two years of opportunity to redeem them for free nights and other rewards.

Be sure to monitor your account closely in the future for points that are scheduled to expire at the end of each year. Point expiration information can be found on your quarterly statement. You can also get your account information at any time by accessing your account on line at www.choiceprivileges.com.

Thank you for your inquiry. I appreciate your membership with Choice Privileges. I look forward to hearing from you should you need any further assistance.

Sarah R
Email Resolution Desk
Of course, my preference is the way Delta handles it. If you are absent minded enough to let points expire that you 'earned' - then we'll give you an opportunity to pay to have them restored. Just a small token to remind you that it costs us money to maintain these electronic records. I'd pay a smidgen.