FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India during the worst of the hot season
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:07 am
abhilife2001

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by SJOGuy
I've been wanting to visit India for years and I keep putting it off. It's suddenly occurred to me what the reason is: The months of the year when weather there is at is most pleasant (in other words, these months) are difficult for me to get away, and that's going to be the case again this year too. (And next.)

Is a trip in April or May, with their soaring temperatures, as unbearable as I've read? I'd like to take in some of the standard destinations that a first-timer would visit; I don't want to have to confine myself to the Himalaya region or anything.

Thank you for any input.
April - June are usually the hottest seasons in most parts.. but it can get hot in March and July - August too depedning on which part of India u are in..

Is it possible for you to make it during Feb - March or September - November if not during Dec - Jan ?? Those will be relatively better periods but note that India is a tropical country..
But u r from Costa Rica and I guess would be used to the heat , so it should be much more bearable for you