FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jetblue standby.
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2010, 2:53 pm
amejr999

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JY1024
Hi folks!

I've gone standby on B6 several times before, but it's always been without checked luggage, and I've always just asked to be put on the standby list at the gates (inside security).

I've checked some of the old standby threads in this forum and called B6 a few times, but I've gotten inconsistent answers from the CSRs. I was wondering if I could get thoughts from the experts here...

I'm ticketed on a ~5PM flight, and the flight just prior is ~3PM. I'm gonna try to go standby on the 3PM, but I also have checked luggage this time. I've been told by B6 that I can only check-in luggage 4 hours prior to schedule departure time, which is consistent with most other airlines.

My questions:
- If I go standby with luggage, do they just tag my bag with a standby tag (like some other airlines) so that they can put it on the flight if I happen to clear onto the 3PM flight?
- If I were to be on my original flight, I'd be able to check in my luggage at 1PM. Does that change if I want to standby for the 3PM flight? Can I give them my bag as early as 11AM? Or would they only take it at 1PM?
What route are you on?