FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]
Old Jul 24, 2001, 10:11 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

I am the guy who was assigned an upgraded room next to the staff elevator at Sheraton Warsaw in May (3 week stay).

Well, I returned to the hotel again in June and had more problems. This time my room was still not too quiet - it was still near the staff elevator (but not next to it so it was not terrible) and it was below a kitchen of the tower level.

One night, at 11:30PM, they were drilling! When I complained to the front desk, the clerk said maybe they are drilling a safe open for a guest.

Then, on a Saturday morning, with the Do Not Disturb sign on my door, someone knocked on my door. They were spraying pesticide in the hotel! The guy apologized immediately and left. Umm, I am sure he would have come into my room and sprayed pesticide if I was not there. (Why else would he knock on the door?) When I complained to the front desk, the lady said maybe the guy could not read the English DND sign. (No, I am not 8 years old and I don't look like I can be easily fooled :-))

Since I know the local managers because of all the problems I had the first time, I complained by e-mail. The GM wrote back a pretty frank worded letter to apologize and promised they will take care of me next time (hopefully not like this time). That was nice. Still no compensation though (I did not ask and I think any other hotel would have offered some).

I must be the most unlucky guest they have. I wonder if I should give them one more chance? Should I bring this matter to corporate to seek compensation? If I do, should I plan on never return there again? Any thoughts?

Steven