FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asking for seconds during meal service in First class...
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:19 pm
phansy

Programs: UA/*A: Silver, AZ/ST: Silver, AB/OW: Silver, HHonors: Diamond, Hyatt: Platinum
Originally Posted by kh105000
My most memorable CO 1st class dining experience was the FA getting distracted before getting to me with my beverage and nuts, then engaging upfront in chitchat with another FA. When he finally got back to my seat I asked for the drink and nuts and he said "you don't get seconds, and any way we're out of nuts". When I responded that he never served me the first time he left, returned with the missing nuts and slammed them on the tray.
I have heard of stories where FA's do keep things for themselves. However, a perk of knowing a CO FA is that you do know what FA are and are not suppose to be doing. Seconds I know is case-by-case. I just don't want to be the only passenger out of 24 passengers in F on my flight to ask...Talk about the elephant in the room. I already know I'm going to be looked at in a weird manner since I'll prolly be the youngest elite member on the flight tomorrow :-P I can hear it already: "Sir, why are you standing in the eliteaccess line?" "Because I'm an elite member." "Oh, my apologies, step on up."