FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - President Wilson, Luxury Collection, Geneva, Switzerland [Master Thread]
Old Jul 19, 2001, 11:54 am
jetsethotel

Programs: CX MPC Silver, Aeroplan, SPG Platinum, Hyatt
You should never drive into Geneva without a hotel reservation....speaking from bad experiences here.

Although the hotel is right by the lake, it's actually further down from the busy section that the other hotel chains. I've only driven by it while I was on the phone trying to secure a last minute reservation for that evening. Unfortunately, they were full and I had to settle for the Hilton a few blocks away (better location).

I've never stayed at the Hilton before, and was amazed at the time-capsule that I entered into. It was like walking into Austin Powers' world circa 1960. Very Charles de Galles airport. Clearly, they haven't bothered to renovate. Not cheap, but of the 5 hotels that I phoned/drove by, they were the only ones who had a vacancy (and I could understand why now).

Anyone has any thoughts on a better alternative if I run into this again? I think there's only one Starwood hotel in Geneva.