FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Priceline Bidding] New site for Priceline hotel bidding help
Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:24 am
Mountain Man

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Your site looks very useful - I've used Priceline extensively over the past 10 years and have probably accumulated 30-40 successful bids, most for myself, but also for friends who are not familiar with the ins and outs of the bidding system. The tool would definitely help the Priceline neophyte or someone who deosn't have the time to work out a complicated bidding strategy.

I'd second some of cordelli's comments from above.
          • It might be helpful to have more navigation instructions on the bidding page - I only discovered by chance that by clicking on the little green bubbles on the map I could get a list of all the winning bids with their dates for a particular hotel.

P.S. I found the blog entry very interesting too. Fascinating to realize that with 5 zones and 2 free rebid zones there are 24 possible bid permutations. I've often used Priceline to stay in 4 star hotels in New York - that's the sort of city where bidding strategies such as the one outlined would really work.