FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Club Vacations
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2010, 4:25 pm
freeflyin

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by freeflyin
We stayed here in September on points. The property is well maintained as far as we could see.We had a two bedroom unit which had more than enough space and was well equipped.

We were in the newest area River Island and did not get the chance to check out accomodations in the other villages.

The food is adequate.If you want tubes for the lazy river,there is a $10 charge per tube per day-quite the ripoff as far as I am concerned. For what these units rent for,they should not be charging for the tubes. You cannot use your own.

The golf is very good and well maintained.

Proximity to Disney is very good.

I am considering purchasing one of these units on the secondary market-if anyone has experience here,I'd love some input.

The value here is outstanding if you can use PC points-much better than using 25K at a standard Holiday Inn
The bump in this thread made me realize that I had not followed up after a subsequent visit to this property..

After a wonderful first visit,the second was very troublesome. Wrong unit assigned,poor housekeeping,key cards that constantly deactivated and other problems.
We did take the tour this time,as we were considering purchasing here. The sales staff was extremely pushy and downright rude when we did not commit immediately.

Due to our second experience,we will definitely not buy here. The property has the potential to be a winner,but until the customer service attitudes change,it will continue to go downhill.