FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is LAN Airlines Really This Flaky?
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:55 am
xandycom

Is LAN Airlines Really This Flaky?

I have a sneaking suspicion I already know the answer, but I was interested to hear about others' experiences.

We booked a fairly complex multi-city itinerary several months in advance on LAN that featured a segment from Lima to Quito.

We got word that our itinerary was "no longer" available and that we'd need to wait until 45 days before scheduled departure for an "update". A quick check on Trip Advisor and a couple other sites confirmed that the LIM-UIO segment had been vaporized.

Sure enough, 45 days out we got a call from Expedia giving us the "suggested replacement" itinerary--which featured a flight from LIM-UIO which was scheduled to land hours after the connection was scheduled to take off...LOL

Long story short, we searched our own replacement itinerary, found a newly-scheduled alternative that actually made sense, suggested that LAN give us that one and were then told we'd need to pay extra for the "flight change".

To Expedia's credit, they covered the difference and all is well in the universe (unless, of course, the plans change again.)

I realize LAN doesn't have the best customer service reputation, but is this sort of thing typical--especially now with the merger going on?

OR...might this have had something to do with Ecuador's political situation around Sept./Oct. instead? We had booked the tix in August.