FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated: Upgrading on Alaska Airlines as a Delta elite
Old Dec 10, 2010, 2:54 pm
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Stripe
It's not clear whether or how DL elites are automatically added to the airport upgrade list. On my outbound, my first flight was on DL so DL checked me in on the AS flight. The AS phone agent the night before said I was on the upgrade list.

For now, DL elites have to be pretty proactive to get the upgrade. IMO the old system of AS upgrade certs we had at NW was simpler and worked better. I was 100% using those.
Again, DL elites are not automatically added to the upgrade list for AS. Even if you finish OLCI and don't wait for "U" to open up you will never appear on the upgrade list. The only way a DL elite can get on the AS upgrade list right now is either: 1) have a gate agent put them on; 2) have a Board Room agent put them on; 3) have a check-in agent put them on. AFAIK right now, not even the kiosk will add a DL elite to the airport upgrade list after you check-in.

And DL elites have to be prepared to push the AS agents when they refuse to add us to the upgrade list. You do have the right to be there and the AS agent should add you.

The AS agent is correct in that all DL elites (even Diamonds who fly a heck of a lot more than most AS elites) are behind all MVP's.

Yes, DL does provide Sky Priority and free baggage to AS elites as if they were DL elites. It's sort of one-sided right now.

-RM