FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]
Old Nov 14, 2000, 4:58 am
Catman
Commander Catcop

Arrow Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

I HAVE TO MAKE A MAJOR CORRECTION: AS I WAS REVIEWING THE BILL WHILE READING STIMPY'S POST AND FOUND IT WAS THE SHERATON SKYLINE NOT THE OTHER ONE... IT WAS A WONDERFUL HOTEL.

Now back to my report:

First off: I wish that Starwood Golds and Platniums would get the shuttle bus free comped -- a refund at check-inm and a return voucher for the trip back to Heathrow. I wish I knew the bus was a charge, had to scramble for change for the two pound 50.

PAWS UP:

1. Friendly check-in woman, despite the ungodly hour of 11pm. Attentive and quick to ask if you need wakeup calls or other services.

2. Amenity kit still given and an impressive one of wine and chocolates.

3. Very nice, large rooms, large beds, nice fixtures.

4. More extensive than usual amendities in the bathroom.

PAWS DOWN

1. Walls could be thicker and there were veyr noisy neighbors on the "Executive Floor."

2. It was hard to figure out how to turn on the hot water bottle for coffee/tea but a housekeeping person quickly figured out the problem.

3. The location is near an airport so you can hear the larger jets rumbling. Unless you are a sound sleeper, it can be disconserting at 3 in the morning. Maybe more sound proof walls/bricks?

4. Like at the Park Lane: WHY NO ZIP OUT CHECK-OUT??? IT really can be a pain to have to wait in line with oen or two desk people there just to verify your bill!

Overall: THree and a Half paws up (I'm surprised since I was disappointed in the Sheraton Newark Airport.)

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 11-14-2000).]