FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WOW...The Pat Down Has Actually Gotten Worse
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:13 am
sbagdon

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Well, the agent turned her hand sideways and gave me a "slide" from front to back...kind of like the slide they do under your breasts...I don't know if she thought she was in the crease of my thigh, but she was in the middle, and this was done twice. I'm petite, so this is a narrow area! She did not just go up and down my thighs. She went up to the top of my thigh until she met resistance, and then did the "slide". The more I talk about it, the more it makes me want to go through the nudeoscope instead, which I'm sure is their goal.

The agent doing my pat down was very apologetic. I actually felt sorry for her.

And I was wearing pants, fitted in the torso, but relaxed in the thighs and boot cut in the legs.

So absurd that we should have to even talk about this stuff when speaking about airport security!
Good news, sounds like you got only the "slightly incorrect pat-down", not the "egregiously incorrect pat-down". You think that was bad, just wait.

Some would prefer you didn't feel sorry. There's threads about how to make their job as (legally) uncomfortable for them as it is for us.