Dec 4, 10, 8:48 am
Join Date: May 2005
Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Edit: For the record... BCD=Budget; AWD=Avis. This is an Avis promotion only as far as I know.
Originally Posted by libuser
here is a quick question to the pros:
On the BA promo http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t=BBBB5HJLBDSN
do you think I have to add some coupon or BCD? Its not really saying anything about it there, so I assume I can have Costco's and some nice coupon added and would still get the miles?
I was thinking that was BA promo, so they would be looking for a transaction from Avis, but is that really the case?
I clicked on the "book now" button which opened a new window for booking with Avis. At the top it mentioned the promotion with a "more here" link. The blue stuff below should answer your question about using a COSTO AWD. I've also underlined some important possible "gotchas".
Welcome to the Avis & British Airways Accumulator!
Earn enough BA Miles to claim a return flight in Europe
You already earn 3 BA Miles per £1 spent with Avis, minimum 500 BA Miles per rental. Now, until 31st March 2011, you'll also earn an increasing amount of bonus BA Miles on every rental you take.
Simply rent 6 times between 1st October 2010 and 31st March 2011 and you could earn over 9,000 BA Miles - enough for a return European flight, or a great boost towards a cabin upgrade!
And if you don't achieve all 6 rentals - there are bonus BA Miles for every rental you take, so you'll still boost your miles balance and get closer to your next redemption flight.
Number of Rentals____Minimum Standard BA Miles____Bonus BA Miles
SUB TOTAL ___________3000__________________6000
Grand Total - Over 9,000 BA Miles
Don't forget, use your British Airways co-brand credit card to pay for your Avis rental and you'll earn a further 250 BA Miles from Avis plus the usual BA Miles awarded on your card transaction. There has never been an easier time to boost your miles balance!
Terms & Conditions
1. Qualifying rentals must be booked and taken between 1st October 2010 and 31st March 2011.
2. To qualify, reservations must be made using a British Airways/Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: Gold members N744400; Silver members N744300; Blue members N744100. Reservations made on ba.com (post-pin) and avisba.com (with Executive Club passenger type selected) will automatically have the correct AWD embedded in the rental.
3. To qualify, rentals must include the British Airways Executive Club membership number of the first named driver (the "renter"). This Executive Club card number must be given at time of reservation and the card shown at time of rental.
4. Rentals made using Avis contracted (corporate/government) rates/AWDs, chauffeur drive, or van rentals do not qualify for BA Miles. Travel industry staff rates including BA and Avis employee programmes, replacement/insurance rates, selected association programmes, and net rate programmes do not qualify for BA Miles.
5. The BA Miles Accumulator bonus is not valid on Prestige rentals worldwide.
6. Valid for all participating rental locations worldwide.
7. Bonuses will be awarded on the following basis: " 1st qualifying rental = 100 bonus BA Miles " 2nd qualifying rental = 750 bonus BA Miles " 3rd qualifying rental = 750 bonus BA Miles " 4th qualifying rental = 1000 bonus BA Miles " 5th qualifying rental = 1500 bonus BA Miles " 6th qualifying rental = 2000 bonus BA Miles These Accumulator bonuses in addition to the minimum standard BA Miles award of 500 BA Miles will equal a total award of at least 9,100 BA Miles for the 6 rentals.
8. The Accumulator bonus will be awarded on the first qualifying 6 rentals made between 1st October 2010 and 31st March 2011. No further Accumulator bonuses will be awarded beyond the 6th rental.
9. The awarding of BA Miles may take up to 8 weeks from date of rental.
10. This promotion and all BA Miles issued are subject to Executive Club terms and conditions. (britishairways.com/conditions)
11. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or mileage offer.
12. Renter must meet standard Avis age, driver and credit requirements.
Promoter: Avis Europe plc, Avis House, Park Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 2EW, United Kingdom. British Airways PLC is not a Promoter but is only a Supplier of the BA Miles.
Last edited by Evan!; Dec 4, 10 at 8:53 am