FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)
Old Dec 4, 2010, 4:22 am
globalste

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Iberia Dali Lounge - Madrid Barajas Airport T4

Thought I would do a mini review of the Dali Lounge at Barajas. Previous reviews have given it the impression of having no windows and that the Valazquez Lounge is far superior.

Having used both lounges, yes the Valazquez has a better view, but this one definitely is not a concrete bunker. It is on the top floor of T4 and you can see out to the gates or down into the terminal. I would say that the food on offer at Dali is better than Valazquez (unless you are on a longhaul late night flight from T4S in which case you will get proper dining there).

The lounge is situated right in the centre of T4, so it is actually really easy to find.

When coming from T4S, you will arrive up the escalator or lift and will need to take the lift up another floor (follow the blue signs for Sala VIP)

When connecting from a domestic, or arriving by Iberia into T4 from LHR. You will highly likely arrive at either gates H3/4 or K90something, the furthest points from the lounge! You will need to take the moving walkways up to gate H57 I think, there you will see a shop called Becara and a set of stairs heading upwards, there is a sign but it doesn't really point to the stairs.

Follow the stairs up and around the corner then you will see the lounge entrance

When you walk through the doors, you have the option of heading right or left. There is no F/J section so it all essentially has the same, I have tried to summarise the differences below:

Turning left: Has computer terminals, smoking room, toilets, 5 showers, a long coffee/food bar and wine.

Turning right: Slightly smaller lounge area, "cinema" area (usually showing CNN or NBC), small coffee/food bar, the alcohol bar is just past the toilets on the right (infront of the cinema). Toilets and 3 showes.

taken looking towards the toilets/showers from the lounge on the LHS.

taken looking towards the coffee/food bar from the lounge on the RHS

cinema (alcohol bar located behind)

Both food bars have the following, the lounge area to the left tends to be slightly better stocked:
  • Series of boxed up sandwiches, usually curried chicken wraps, chicken wraps, cheese/ham sandwiches.
  • Salads (normally chicken and parmesan or no meat)
  • Beers and wine section (they also have individual sealed bottles of white wine and bubbles which I have used for take-out)
  • Cans of coke, sprite, water
  • Crisps, fresh olives, macademia nuts
  • Haagen Daz icecream! Located next to the coffee machine in the lefthand lounge area (small spoon hidden in the lid)
  • Coffee machine the same as T5/T3 galleries lounges, no option for decaf (spoons knives and forks are hidden in a tray underneath the coffee machines)
  • They also have breakfast cereal from dispensers, jugs of milk and orange juice. I think they put out pastries at breakfast time but never arrive there at that time.

there is no wi-fi unless you fork out dinero

Last edited by globalste; Dec 4, 2010 at 1:58 pm