FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Superelite First Timer
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2010, 8:17 pm
aionesu

Programs: AC 1MM/SE 100K, MR Lifetime Premiere Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Congrats -- I've found the IKK and 7-day window to be the most useful... I've been able to upgrade on almost all routes by calling at the right time, and checking seats/flights with KVS.

I've only used the concierge once, and it was very disappointing. The plane was late, and we had a tight connection, so I talked to the FAs to have the concierge help us out through Canadian customs (it's a huge walk in YYZ to get to the international terminal -- we were connecting from the US to an international flight).

Basically we had to "wait" for someone to come help (while everyone was else deplaning), and the person that did come told us "oh yeah, sorry, nothing we can do".... so by the time we got to customs, instead of being first in line (we were first out of the plane, since we were flying in J/Z), there were 50 people ahead -- thankfully this was the expedited International customs so made the connection at the last minute.

So I was very disappointed.

Also, if you upgrade (which as an E, you'll still do a lot), you get access to a concierge since you'll be on a J/Z fare.

This year I'll only hit 90K and I don't see the benefit of having to ruin Holiday travel to hit 100K just for what will probably be an even more gimped SE offering. I'll probably only miss having first choice of food, although I go with the non-popular options anyway.

But anyways, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your SE perks -- upgrading on a busy flight and getting that only steak is sure nice sometimes!