FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:34 pm
newshound

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I am here now and have to say I am pretty impressed. To me it is like a 'lite' version of LeMeridien over on Surawong.

I have never stayed in Fourpoints property before so my expectations have been set by the other more 'high end' SPG properties in BKK. Happy to say this place doesn't dissapoint.

On check in there appeared to be one or two teething problems with the process and technology but as there was no queue behind me and I wasnt in a rush this wasn't a problem.

No suite availability but as a previous post mentioned, they have had a huge number of plats here and it is always a bonus, never expected.

Generally service has been prompt and courteous. I needed tech assistance for internet access at midnight last night. The issue was with my laptop rather than the hotel network but the tech guy went the extra mile and fixed it for me.

For the price and SPG benefits this place really is tempting. I personally couldn't justify spending X3 on th mid week rate at the SGS given the location (although I am switching there tonight for the weekend rate).

My final comment would be that the location is a positive and a negative. My Thai girlfriend was working late last night and didn't get to join me until around 1 am. Her first comment was that she didn't realise that there were so many prostitues in the area. I regularly stay at SGS and LeMeridien and this has never been mentioned.

The hotel is right around the corner from one of the more infamous joints on Sukhumvit road which can lead to quite a cluster of girls on the street late on. If you are in a family party this probably wouldnt be a worry because all the action is going on in the early hours of the morning.

If you are likely to be out late and this sort of thing is an issue for you I would advise getting the taxi to drop you at the door of the hotel rather than get dropped off at the end of the soi.