FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi rental insurance coverage now PRIMARY (VISA only, NY excluded)
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:41 am
IntFF

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Questions abt UK Amex Plat w/Liability coverage

Originally Posted by mia
Actually, this is a benefit of the American Express Platinum International Dollar and Euro Currency cards which are issued and administered from the UK, but billed in US Dollars or Euros:

5) If You are found legally liable for injuring another person or damaging their property, the Insurer will pay any related compensation and legal costs up to US$/��750,000 (or US$1,000,000 in the USA) arising directly or indirectly from one cause.
6) As a result of this benefit You do not need to purchase additional or optional insurances from the rental company which include:
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
Removal/reduction of excess (Super CDW/LDW)
Theft Protection (TP)
Top Up/Supplemental Liability (SLI)
Personal Accident (PA)

http://www.americanexpress.com/lacid...e_Benefits.pdf (see page 24)

Note that the liability coverage is secondary to any other insurance you may already have.
This is Exactly what I am looking for. Can you provide answers to the following questions:
1. What is the annual fee for this card?
2. Does USA Amex know abt this card and can give it?
3. I live partly in CA and partly in Europe (but Not UK). I have many USA cards incl Amex, will I be able to get this card ?
4. If answer to #3 is no, then- I can use a relative's addr in the UK. Will this be legal?

Thanks in advance.