FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:48 am
LV702

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Freefallin'

My husband, meanwhile, had vanished somewhere behind me. Turns out that when he opted out of tie AIT, they made him wait. And wait. And wait.... even though there were TSA agents milling around and scarcely any passengers at the checkpoint, the call for a "male opt out" went unanswered. After several minutes of twiddling his thumbs, worried about what had happened to me and also about some valuable items in his now-inaccessible hand luggage, he got sick of the delay and opted back in.
So they got one of us, in the end.

All in all, it was by no means the awful experience I'd been dreading. If the TSA folks are pleasant, polite and non-threatening, I'm betting they'll get the vast majority of travelers to accept the AIT machines. The pressure to do so is already there, and they're treating it as if it's routine -- funneling people through without much notice or comment. No intimidation....just coax and delay...that's how they're going to win this thing, lulling the public into complacency.

The CP was empty except for the workfare workers? I would of called a LEO offer at this time.

Originally Posted by LeeAnne

She had her doctor's notes for both of her medical conditions, but naturally she set off the metal detector, so she was moved over to a roped-off area out in full view of the public. When they walked her over, she begged them to allow her to use the restroom before the pat-down. They refused. She waited there for over 10 minutes before a very large, very scary-looking TSA agent - who looked like she'd spent the first half of her life running with the crips and the second half as a prison guard - came over to pat her down. My mother asked AGAIN if she could use the restroom. The agent refused, and began her molestation. She wanded her entire body, including between her legs, then began the physical rubbing. She ran her hands up my mother's legs, and when she got to her crotch area, she discovered that my mother was slightly damp there. She yanked her hand out and started SCREAMING at her, "DID YOU PISS ON ME? DID YOU PISS ON ME?" My mother started crying, calling out my name in distress.

File a report with the ACLU, EPIC, and local media. There is no reason why the clerk should of yelled.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Nov 25, 2010 at 10:31 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts