FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontenac U/G possibilities?
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:39 am
OliverB

I had the exact same experience at the Frontenac this past March when I checked into a Signature King and was unhappy with the layout. At first we were switched to a much larger room with a River View but found it noisy in the morning as it was on a lower floor and the curtains did little to stop the sunlight from pouring in the morning. I went down to the front desk as soon as I woke up and asked that they please do something about it because we had gotten little sleep and were disappointed. The concierge was extremely helpful and gave me 3 sets of keys to different upgraded suites in the Gold Level floors to check out and even suggested which would please us most. Sure enough, we were thrilled with the upgrade to a large top floor suite with a River View, separate foyer and living room with glass doors, luxurious bath room with separate bath & shower and the works. A huge step up from the initial room we booked, and all at no extra cost! I guess the hotel was pretty vacant that particular week as it was just post-Spring vacation, but it was extremely appreciated by us and really made our stay so much more special!

I just booked reservations again for Christmas week and this time was hoping to stay in one of the Gold Rooms from the get go but unfortunately there are little options left as the hotel is pretty full-up. I'm a bit concerned because although we were given a Deluxe River View Room, they only had Queen beds left. I called and put in requests with the concierge that we would greatly prefer to be upgraded to a King Bed at the very least, and that if any vacancies in Gold Level rooms were to open up, we'd gladly take them at additional cost. Unfortunately I don't expect them to be able to accommodate us for the week of the holidays. I'm really crossing my fingers though.

Any experience with similar requests when a property is already booked solid? I'm hoping that if I call both a week and then a few days in advance they might be able to shuffle things around and at least secure us a King Bed.

Has anyone stayed at the Frontenac on Christmas week before? Is it a total zoo? I hope we don't feel like we're staying in the middle of a shopping mall full of tourists!!