FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comprehensive Guide to Delta Fare Basis Codes?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:46 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Why does DL hide fare rules?

So this is really getting annoying regarding DL. I've never been able to find fare rules on DL when purchasing a ticket (maybe I am missing something) but always was given the choice to view them on nwa.com.

So my DL method has always been using Expedia to build the mock itin, then look at the fare rules. Now, when I try to use Expedia I get the following message:

We have not received rules or restriction information for this flight. In most cases, the following rules and restrictions may apply.

I interpret this as DL not giving Expedia the fare rules. And now when I use dl.com and try to look at the "policies" on cancellation etc I only get this:

Fare Rules Unavailable

and

Unable to Display Fare Rule

What a flipping joke, why can't I see the fare rules of a fare I want to buy??? This is so frustrating.

Just so you all know, I'm trying to book a international coach ticket that I want to know the change & cancellation rules for each fare. Yes I know the higher the fare the more flexible, but I want to know specifically what "more" flexible means. GRRRRR.

PS. I should not have to have EF Plus to find this out.