FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Q1 2011 - Hilton Honors Promotion
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:07 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This just made Crack the Case over at Priority Club all the easier for me. If this is what comes to pass, I expect to have no Hilton HHonors stays at all (except free night voucher redemptions) during that Q1 2011.

My whole point for using Hilton HHonors is while traveling on road trips, for a different location each night. They are not price competitve to cheaper chains which I can use (using a minifridge and microwave in the room to "upgrade" my breafkast by myself!) if I'm staying in the same place several days. So Hilton HHonors for me is a one-night-per-stay program (I recently did two nights at a Hampton because one was a Sunday, and realized I'd never ever stayed in a Hampton for more than one night at a time in all the time since they started using the XXX9999 type of login cards, because I discovered an issue with using that on a multi-night stay which I'd never realized before). I belong to plenty other hotel programs that work better for me on multi-night stays.

So bye-bye HHonors. See you in April, maybe? (I'm also think I'm done with trips where I can do Sunday HHonors stays for this quarter.)