FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What kind of background checks are performed on TSA employees?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:30 am
doober
Suspended

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
The new patdown procedures have got me thinking about what kind of background checks a TSA employee goes through before being authorized to grope the general public.

Is their credit record checked?
Is their criminal record checked?
Has the FBI investigated their behavior and talked to their neighbors and coworkers?
Do they have to take a crazy test (like the MMPI)?
Do they undergo some kind of pyschological evaluation?

I ask this because I'd like to know what kind of person is performing US government sanctioned groping.

BTW, I have undergone these experiences/tests (and passed) because I have worked/ do work in nuclear and chemical facilities with some very nasty stuff.

So I'm thinking I am more trustworthy than the TSA yahoos and have passed the tests to prove it. Yet I am the one who gets to be groped, if I am selected.
Many of us began to call for psychological evaluations of all screeners as soon as the large-scale deployment of WBI was announced (together with the opt out pat downs).

With past history of more than a few screeners being arrested on sexual abuse/assault or other perversion charges, it is incumbent that the TSA initiate such evaluations.

But they won't until a screener who is allowed to fondle passengers and view images is arrested on other perversion charges. Even then TSA will say it was only a one-off event.