FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2010, 9:49 am
wbernahl

Programs: Gold Passport, AA Advantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Thanks, Bill.

The old method was much simpler, as I could just click on a specific country, or state, and then see what was being offered. It seemed to save time, where as the new method makes me enter a specific state. Sometimes, I base where I want to go or stay by the offers they have. The new method makes me spend a greater amount of time for something that used to be much simpler..
Thanks everyone. Bill from E-Commerce here. So, summarizing the comments re GP point special search, the issue with the GP awards come down to:
1) The old format was more compact and allowed easier review of GP bonus awards in a region a bit more quickly.
2) This is a variation of #1, and that is that if you are looking to travel around a region and stay in multiple cities, you have to do multiple searches. This was a use case we did not consider.

We'll take a look at a more compact version. While I do appreciate we have made this one path a bit more difficult, I also believe we greatly improved the overall special offers search capability by i) only having one place to search (not GP and hyatt.com) ii) making the search box more visible and work better iii) allowing us to better feature major promotions and iv) allowing special offers to be translated easily into 7 additional languages (admittedly probably not a big concern for people on this blog). That said, our goal wasn't to do this at he expense of making something else more difficult so we'll add taking a look at a more compact version to the enhancement list. Again, thanks for everyone's comments.