FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An open letter to the members of FlyerTalk
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:32 am
Randy Petersen
Founder of FlyerTalk

An open letter to the members of FlyerTalk

There are moments of our lives when we can remember exactly where we were and what we were doing many years later. One of those moments for me was May 5, 1998, when I became the first person to create a post on FlyerTalk. My how those years—and those posts—have flown by. In the 4,569 days since, I've had the pleasure of a single goal, to pay life forward with advice and friendship for the frequent flyer. And you know what? It worked. Thousands of like-minded travelers joined in to also share their experiences and advice around the topic of miles, points and travel. Pretty cool huh?
From that single post, FlyerTalk has grown to 15 million posts and the friendships that have grown out of these many posts have and continue to fill the hearts and lives of many a member. No one could be prouder of this than me. No one could be happier for this than me and no one could be more grateful of our members than me.

So it is with the heaviest of hearts that I announce that I will be leaving FlyerTalk at the end of the year. My mom was always proud of who I grew up to be, and so am I. I like my principles and there's nothing I enjoy more than working among those members of FlyerTalk who have earned my respect. Internet Brands has a transition plan and I'll be working to support it during this period and have full confidence in the members of FlyerTalk to continue to make FlyerTalk exactly what was intended way back on May 5, 1998.

These 4,569 days have provided me with a lifetime of memories and I am a better person for it. I can't possibly think I can ever thank you all enough for what you have done for others and for me, but I'll try—THANK YOU.

I look forward to staying in touch with my FlyerTalk family and invite any of you who wish to do so to follow me on Twitter and/or add me as a friend on Facebook.

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Nov 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm