FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Oz Fest #8" – Darwin Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29, 2011
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:01 pm
ozflygirl747

Programs: QF
Arrow Photos of Corroboree Billabong Cruise

Just an update on the day tours for OzFest8. It was great to catch up with Straitman & Markis10 last week for an OzFest discussion on hotels, restaurants and sightseeing & to meet with Sales from IHG re hotel rates.

We've decided to also get a group rate for the Holiday Inn Esplanade (AUD249.00 including one breakfast) as it looks like we're trying do our own version of any 'Anytime Access Ozfest lounge' at that hotel as it was more economical there.

I didn't have to sign my life away guaranteeing any amount of rooms for the group rate - it's just there as backup so you are all more than welcome to get the best rate you can via whatever means in true FT or AFF fashion!

I've uploaded my photos of the Corroboree Billabong Cruise to the smugmug website & the link is below so you can all get an idea of the scenery that awaits you.

Just a brief outline of what's to happen:

Fri 27 May: many of you arrive in DRW on lunch time flights. Those that are on the pre-tour to Kakadu/Arnhemland arrive back in DRW around the same time. Afternoon free to catch up or snooze. Dinner at a local restaurant in the city, possibly the Wharf Precinct - so we'll arrange a minibus or taxi.

Sat 28 May: choice of two half day tours around DRW which should start about 0900 & finish around 1300-1400 to give you free time in the arvo to chill, shop or whatever takes your fancy. Dinner at a local restaurant in Mitchell St easy walk from your hotel.

Sun 29 May: Day tour incorporating Corroboree Billabong & a Jumping Crocodile Cruise starting about 0900 & returning to DRW mid afternoon in enough time to go to the Mindil Beach Sunset markets (sunset 6.27pm / last light 6.50pm for this day). Grab something to eat at one of the many foodstalls or if you prefer some of you may prefer an impromptu dinner somewhere which we can decide on the day.

Mon 30 May: If flying out at lunch time you'll have time for a leisurely breakfast & should have time for some last minute shopping or purchase some Aboriginal Art from one of the many galleries. Those not flying out until Tue, we could arrange a harbour cruise or scenic flight, basically whatever you like!

http://ozbeachbabe.smugmug.com/Trave...14424118_YrYZr