FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HI San Francisco Civic Center (Archive Thread)
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:43 am
Robt760

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I am at the property now and they are STILL having internet problems. And, in all honesty, they don't seem to care. They keep saying "The business center is free whilst this is going on..." But that is a business center full of kids playing online games and the likes, with no control from parents or employees. It is completely unacceptable. One of the reasons I come to HI properties is for the Wifi, which is given as part of the product that is offered, yet when it is not, there seems to be no one particularly bothered by it at all... The manager is quite useless and has done nothing to suggest any form of recompense etc...

On the good side, Platinum recognition was good. Upgraded to an Executive Room and voucher for a drink offered.

Unfortunately, when I arrived, the San Francisco Giants had just won some big game and the place was absolutely crazy. The noise outside went on till the early hours and all I wanted to do was sleep, but that was not going to happen. That would be all over San Francisco though.

Good to know you made it back to SF after your journey to Latin America. Sad news about the internet at this place...maybe you should ask to have a word with the General Manager, as opposed to the Manager on Duty? Having kids on computers intended for business and serious matters is awful. No hotel or lounge should allow unlimited and unrestricted access; it sends the wrong message. Maybe if they have wired access in your room, you should ask if they will reimburse your expense due to everything you've mentioned.

The SF Giants won the World Series, which is some sort of really big game
Expect all kinds of parades and craziness over the next few days.