FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citibank's credit card 'Virtual Account Numbers': anyone having issues?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:43 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
I first made sure that the non-Amex card was the default one and I still had problems. It wasn't until I decoupled the Amex that the app worked and was also able to download it as well.
Weird, but at least it has been resolved.
It is truly weird. You mean you have to delete the AMEX from your account profile before you can even use the Web-Based generator?

The only thing I could think of is, your AMEX Citicard is the First Citicard you got in your profile and so despite it is not set as a default account, it still has some behind the scene stuff to make it a pseudo default account in some coding, thus preventing you to get the generator.

No CSR at Citi would ever figure this out because it is most likely caused by programming glitch.

Otherwise it defies the experiences I have, i.e. AMEX / MC / VISA all co-exist in same profile. When using the generator, AMEX card number is NOT among the Select a Card screen because it does not have that ability.